skip to main content

Ms.  Lauren  Sacs
Student Assistant Coordinator

Phone Icon 609-814-8706

Student Assistance Coordinator

Ocean City School District

Student Assistance Coordinator

Lauren Sacs, MA, LAC, SAC

Office A -119.12 


SAC Hours:

High School: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

Intermediate School: Tuesday


“When you focus on problems, you’ll have more problems,

When you focus on possibilities, you’ll have more opportunities.” – Unknown


What is Student Assistance Counseling?

A process where you can meet with a professional counselor to discuss any problems you are dealing with including, but not limited to:

family problems                       depression

        anxiety                                     substance abuse

                                                         relationship issues                     stress

                                                         school                                       grief/loss

                                                         anger                                        self-esteem                                          


Services are free. Meetings are arranged based on mutually convenient times during the school day.


All counseling services stay private. When students seek help on their own they are encouraged to share this with their families. Parents are not contacted unless an assessment indicates a safety risk. This would include a student who is in danger of harming themselves, harming someone else, or is being harmed by another individual.


Only you will decide if SAC counseling is for you.

How to make a Referral

Students may self-refer and come in to see the counselor at any time during the school day, although they are encouraged to visit during their study halls or community lunch.

Students can confidentially refer other students who may be in need of support.

Students may be referred by school administration, guidance, nurse or any other staff member that has identified an area of concern.

Parents who have concerns about any non-academic issues may contact the SAC directly.